Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sick Soup

Day 2 of fish failure, this time because I am coming down with something gnarly ill. The guy I work with wasn't sure if I meant the bad type of sick or the awesome type of sick. Oh, I'm always the awesome type of sick, I said. No, this is the my throat tickles and I feel a fever coming on, and need sleep stat.

This is the type of sick I don't need because I can't afford to miss work.

Ergo, no fish. Instead, chicken soup. Nothing canned in the house, nobody to send out for some soup, running too low on cash to order in. What's that in the cupboards? A squash, some onions, udon noodles, chicken broth... and a chicken breast in the freezer! My, my. Let me grab some garlic and celery too...

Saute the aromatic bits in some olive oil, then add the squash and the chicken. You want it to brown a little - this will make it tastier.

Once it browns, throw in some broth. Let your pot of comfort simmer on low heat for half an hour or so. Once the squash is squishy and the chicken is cooked through, add the udon noodles and cook until they are just bendy.

Throw it in a bowl and eat it.

I have cider mulling too, this smells goood but OH! I feel eww.

No comments:

Post a Comment