Sunday, October 17, 2010

Not sure where all that motivation came from...

As of 5 o'clock this evening I had slept pretty much all day. I'm not as sniffly as I've been feeling, but still fairly ill. I knew I needed something to nom upon.

Luckily I had squirreled away a box of Annie's shells & cheddar for just such an occasion (and I didn't have any canned chicken soup, darn).

So to start, throw half a squash in the oven. make sure you scoop the innards and put a glop of smart balance or butter or whatev in the middle. Let that bake for a bit at 350 which is my general all purpose temp for probably anything.

Get yer water boiling for the pasta. Once it boils, throw the pasta in. You should know that already and if you don't... I'm not sure if there is much hope.

Alright here is where it gets good. Once the pasta is cooked, remove it to a colander (or alternately a sculabasta if you have sicilian roots or a sicilian ex) for a bit because you need the pan.

Melt some butter or reasonable facsimile thereof in the still hot pan. You may want to turn the heat on, actually, because we are going to grate in a bit of smoked gouda, a wee bit of swiss and try to grate in some raw milk goat cheese as well (stuff gets hard as a romano if you leave it in the fridge for a bit, but still nommy).

You'll want to pour in some milk too as that all melts. Remember, heat on :-D

Then stir in the orange powder that comes with the annie's. that stuff is GOOD.

I had a bunch of spinach graciously donated from my bro's wedding, so I threw some good handfuls of that in too. Use more than you think you need because it will cook WAAAY down. It would have been good if I had sauteed some shallots and added those, but maybe next time...

Alright once the spinach has cooked a little, add the pasta back in. Stir like mad. The spinach will wilt a bunch more and the pasta will get cheese all over it. This is intentional.

Then, see if your squash is done; mine was. Throw it all in a bowl and dig in. OMG so good. There was even enough left for lunch tomorrow, though I am only one girl so ymmv

No comments:

Post a Comment