Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Maybe I'll actually update.

I've spent some very sweaty hours today seasoning my wok. It's not quite ready yet, but I have all the time in the world since my layoff, and I intend to finish it tomorrow. (in addition to sewing up an apron, some medieval garb for my roommate and a cat bed, but since that's off the subject of culinary adventures, I'll not elaborate.)

In the meantime, I cooked a mediocre stir-fry in .... a frying pan.

Throw in:
Some sesame oil

Get it nice and hot. While that's heating up, chop ... err, no, slice... some tofu and throw it betwixt paper towelies and smush it a little to get the extra water out. IF you fail to do so, you'll end up splattered with hot oil, which isn't very nice at all, and the tofu won't get crispy.

Alright, after the tofu's been smushed, lay it gently into the nice hot oil. While that's frying, chop up some:
broccoli (rhymes with e-coli, for the fun of it)
garlic

flip the tofu when one side is nice and crispy, and do the same to the other side. When crispiness is at its apex, remove tofu from frying pan and replace with broccoli and garlic. Throw in some chinese cooking wine and soy sauce. Turn the heat down lest the broccoli get gnasty and burninated.

Kay. You can season your wok a little more while that's cooking. If you don't have a wok, go get one. When that gets nice and warm, throw the tofu back in and heat it up a tad.

Nom it with some sriracha chili sauce (Rooster sauce!) then get your butt to kung fu.

No comments:

Post a Comment